1. There is no meet scheduled for Sunday, June 4th at Thayer Academy so there will be a 5:00 PM practice instead at Hingham High School.
2. Sun. June 11 – AAU New England District Qualifier will be held at Thayer Academy in Braintree, MA – $18 registration fee. The top 16 finishers from this New England District Championship advance to the AAU Region 1 Qualifier – June 30 – July 2 – Hub Stine Field, Plainfield, NJ. Athletes must be an AAU member to register. You can get an AAU membership at http://www.aausports.org. Athletes can compete in running and/or field events. Go to http://www.cambridgejetsofma.org for more information on the events and the meet. The meet starts at 11:00am but all athletes need to arrive by 10:00AM. If you are interested in competing you need to send me your athlete’s name, age, date of birth, address, AAU number and the events they wish to compete in by June 4th.
3. Wednesday, June 21 – Bay State Games Southeast Sectional Qualifier Meet – Notre Dame Academy – open to athletes aged 10 and up. Top 4 in each event advance to the Bay State Games Meet on Saturday, July 15 at Fitchburg State University in Fitchburg, MA. For more information, please go to www.baystategames.org, click onto Summer games on the top bar, then click onto Sports, then Individual Sports, then Track and Field. Scroll down for all the information. Please let me know if your child(ren) wish to compete. Parents are expected to enter their child(ren) as with this meet you compete as a region (ours is the southeast region) as opposed to as a running club.
4. Sat. June 17 – USATF New England Junior Olympic Meet at Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA (top 8 advance to Regionals). Athletes must be usatf members. To apply for membership go to http://www.usatf.org. Each event costs $6 to enter. Go to http://www.usatfne.org for more information on the meet (click on “track & field” in the side bar to the left and scroll down to the meet on the 17th). If your athlete wishes to participate in this event I will need their name, age, date of birth, address, USATF number, and the events they wish to compete in by June 4th.
5. 4th of July Road race to take place at the Hingham Middle School located on 1103 Main Street, Hingham, MA. The event starts at 7:00pm. Cost to compete is $30. It is a 4.47 mile mostly downhill race. You can register on-line. Bibs and T-shirts can be picked up at the Hingham Recreation Center beginning on July 29th. Go to http://www.hingham-ma.gov/298/July-4th-Road-Race for more information.
6. Friday, July 14 and Saturday, July 15 – Needham Youth Classic – PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ATTEND THIS MEET – This large youth track and field meet for ages 2-14 features the 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000, hurdles, race walk, 4×100 relay, shot put, long jump, high jump, turbo jav, triple jump, softball throw, standing long jump, and standing triple jump. It is also the one meet in which you compete as an individual and as a team. The South Shore Fireboltz has won this meet twice before. Let’s make it a third time. Go to www.needhamtrack.org for more information.
Please let me know if your son(s) or daughter(s) wish to compete in any of these events.
Coach Heike Tuplin